Data Integration Consultant
95 years ago, we invented the market research industry. Since then, we are the leader in market research in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) industry and we grandly developed our two main businesses: Watch and Buy. How did we achieve that? • Because we believe in providing our clients a precise understanding of their market and showing them what’s next is key to making the right decisions to lead profitable growth. • Because we are always innovating to keep pace with emerging market trends and the increasingly diverse, demanding and connected consumer. Nielsen Brandbank has 20 years’ experience in the creation of digital product content for e-commerce sites, mobile shopping apps and virtual merchandising applications. The division allows manufacturers to increase their visibility and sales with e-commerce while retailers are able to offer the same level of services and assortment than in real stores to their customers.
For our Brussels office, we’re looking for a DATA INTEGRATION CONSULTANT
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
As Data Integration Consultant, after being trained on every aspect of Nielsen Brandbank’s processes and business model, you will be responsible for the integration consultancy with new and existing customers to support the design and implementation of data syndication feeds and act as 2nd line support.
You’ll also be consulted by the commercial team and customer development team for the integration of new and updated systems, presenting the technical specifications and possibilities of the products during commercial meeting.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- Gather & document customer requirements and identify customer objectives
- Perform onsite technical consultations with customer development teams
- Compile documentation for customers and staff including: technical and usage guides, policies and frameworks, knowledge transfer and basic training
- Provide 2nd line support for internal and external customers
- End to end ownership of new integrations with our data consumers
- Deal with commercial and technical people at all levels
A great candidate will:
- Have a degree in Computer Sciences or another IT related field or a previous experience in Tech Support
- Speak perfectly English and fluently Dutch. French is an asset
- Good knowledge of Databases, SQL, JSON, XML, RESTful, SOAP APIs
- Have a previous client-facing experience with an ability to understand customers’ needs and translate them in a project plan with well-planned deliverables
In addition, you will have an advantage if you possess at least one of the following attitudes or skills:
- Experience of the Ruby program and/or Microsoft product environments
- Experience in the .NET programming environment
- Able to understand and manage complex data structure
- Excellent communication skills, including building customer rapport
- Ability to work by your own in autonomy, managing efficiently your time
- Understand consumer content and/or online retail industry or have a previous experience in this sector
GROW WITH US – WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Experience. We offer you a valuable first or second working experience, allowing you to learn the processes within a company and to provide solutions for e-commerce purposes. Your role will be positioned on a Benelux level, so it may involve travels to our offices in Houten or other offices.
Benefits. We offer a contract for an undetermined period. Besides the salary, you will get the following benefits package: meal vouchers, enrolment to our insurance group program (pension fund, hospitalization, disability insurance…). As we work 40h/week, you will also get 1 compensation day per full month (up to 12 extra days for a full year).
Training & Development. You will receive a solid training on our company and products. The onboarding training may include a week of training in another European country (Norvege or UK for example). Nielsen employees are also encouraged to pursue growth opportunities and are provided with professional training to enable them to stay at the fore-front of technology.
Culture. Nielsen offers flexible working hours and homeworking possibilities, helping you to create a work/life balance that is right for you. Being open, personal, connected and useful is woven into Nielsen's DNA. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen, you can: Be yourself, Make a Difference & Grow With Us.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Interested in joining our team? Click on the Apply button on our career website (https://jobs.nielsen.com/job/Brussels-Data-Integration-Consultant/502239400/?feedId=232800&utm_campaign=Nielsen_Marketing), and give your professional career a head start!
Our process contains:
1. A first phone call with the recruiter and/or the manager (to start to get to know you)
2. An interview (to demonstrate your skills and learn more about the job)(*)
3. A final interview
We always try to give you some feedback for each step and as soon as possible, but sometimes it may take a bit longer – especially for the first steps as we receive lots of applications.
*In our office, located on Avenue des Pléiades 73/ Plejadenlaan 73, 1200 Brussels.