Scientist Biology - Drug Discovery
CISTIM voert gespecialiseerd onderzoek uit in het gebied van de ontdekking van innovatieve kleine molecule geneesmiddelen. Op deze wijze wil Cistim de validatie van nieuwe potentiële doelwitten voor de behandeling van ziekten en de ontdekking van nieuwe geneesmiddelen bevorderen.
Within the biology research team, your responsibilities will consist of assay development and screening in various small-molecule drug discovery projects, with the aim of discovering new therapeutics. You will execute lab-based activities, analyze your data and diligently report on the results to the high-throughput screening manager and/or the project leader.
- You hold a professional bachelor degree in Biomedical Laboratory Technology or master degree in Biomedical Sciences, or equivalent (also by experience);
- You have practical experience with in-vitro and cellular assays. Experience with development of and running high-throughput screening assays evaluating small molecules is a strong asset.
- You have a strong interest in biomedical research and drug discovery;
- You are a team player who can operate independently, is quality oriented, can work accurately and is well-organized;
- You are goal oriented and can handle deadlines and pressure;
- You are curious, have an eye for detail and quickly learn new skills;
- You are communicative and fluent in English.
Employment contract of unlimited duration
Competitive salary package.